If you've never gone this route, now is the time. There are several simple things to remember--
- Pricing is not final and in fact, the later it gets, the more flexible the seller may become. But be mindful as well, don't drive up in a new Benz and expect to negotiate down to pennies.
- Have small bills, change may not be available.
- Bring your own cardboard boxes or bags.
- Be careful if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke. If the seller is smoking like a chimney, there's a good chance that your items will smell smoky.
- Leave your pets at home!!
- Examine items carefully. There are no refunds.
- Keep an open mind. Look at things for potential uses--like an old child's chair that can be converted into a porch planter.
I find that the best sales are the multi-family or neighborhood sales. Have fun!!