Today marks the 3 year anniversary of the death of someone who helped shape my childhood--Aaron Spelling. He worked on some of my favorite television shows from the 70s and 80s, including: Charlie's Angels, Family, Starsky & Hutch, The Mod Squad, Dynasty, Fantasy Island, Beverly Hills 90210, S.W.A.T, etc. There are more than 200 shows where Aaron is credited with being either the Producer or Executive Producer.

He seemed to have a gift for creating hit series, as well as made for tv movies, and though I'm sure that I wasn't his target audience, I am a great fan of his work. Looking back, it seems that I watched an awful lot of television as a child, and I'm sure it helped shape me into who I am today.

What were your favorite shows of your childhood? Why? What do you think they taught you?

Your comments--priceless!!
3 Responses
  1. blqlvrgrl Says:

    There are far too many shows I loved as a child to name, but let me share a few. I still remember at a very young age my two favorite shows were Sheriff John and Engineer Bill. Sheriff John used to show some of my favorite cartoons, like Popeye, Bugs Bunny, etc...(That's why to this day I love spinach..lol). I don't want to leave out My Favorite Martian, Ed the talking horse, Bonanza, and Bewitched. Those are just a few of my favorite childhood shows.


  2. catladysd Says:

    omg engineer bill, lol when i first went to work in downtown l.a. the bus driver on our route used to tell us all bus drivers should watch engineer bill cuz he played red light, green light, and some of those drivers needed to know the difference....lol he was a little scary!

    I loved the variety shows, i think somewhere inside of me is a broadway star waiting to break out!


  3. lifeisfantastic embrace it Says:

    My favorite show as a kid was Hobo Kelly - now you may ask who is Hobo Kelly well I know they showed her on the military airwaves in Europe and she showed cartoons and had guest and always looked in her sunglasses and would say "I see (my name). Not like the teacher on Rompers Room she never did say Hello to me. But the show that shaped my life was Perry Mason, and it still is a major contribution in my profession life.

    LOL @ Mr. ED ..... It still comes on 5.2 in LA I'm loving Mr. Ed and Patty Duke Show in the wee hours of the morning when I'm having a stroke of “restless nights” out comes this horse saying, "I am Mr. Ed." or Patty Duke's "they're cousins identical cousins ... they walk alike .... they talk alike .... dayum I've lost my mind.... singing sitcom songs..


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails