It was on this day, 40 years ago, that Neil Armstrong became the first man to set foot on the moon. It was widely believed that, at some point in the future, people would live on the moon. I'm not sure about you, but this notion is not appealing to me at all. I wouldn't want to live in Idaho, let alone the moon.

I would, however, be glued to the television, should a colony of humans decide to set up camp on the moon. I would hope that they would set it up much like the tv show, Big Brother. That would bring new meaning to the term, "satellite tv." I'd love it.

How would they handle everyday occurrences--suppose the kids wanted to run away? Where do you run away to on the moon? Suppose you got a serious case of the munchies late at night? Would there be Taco Bell on the moon? Suppose you got invited to a party and needed something to wear? Would Macy's overnight a little black dress to you? This is how my mind works. I am always full of the "what ifs?" What if my Kindle didn't work up there? What if there was no internet? What if my husband couldn't find a job? What if there was no tiramisu????

What are your thoughts? Would you move to the moon? Why not?

Your comments--priceless!!
6 Responses
  1. Itiel Says:

    No Tiramisu?!!! Nope can't live on the moon. This post delivers a good morning chuckle. The points about Idaho and "satellite tv", funny. But like you, I would be glued to the television if humans did setup camp on the moon.


  2. Inky Says:

    Some days I have a hard enough time getting to work, but I do like the fact that President Obama named Gen. Charles Bolden the first African-American to head NASA, the nations space agency.


  3. catladysd Says:

    I think you have about as much chance of taco bell on the moon as you do for an In and OUt on your street corner!

    Space exploration, however, does fascinate me, and i would be planted in front of the tv too!


  4. Jen Says:

    I would add that you can't take a walk in the park on the moon, or grow a garden, or shop at Anthropologie. Might make a good reality show though ;-)


  5. I worked at Nasa for a little over a year. I would visit it but I wouldn't move there.....


  6. lifeisfantaztic 2 embrace it Says:

    I love the thought of sending "complaining folks" to the moon. Why? Because they don't appreciate what they have here on Earth - and what we have on Earth in America is a "Great Thing" in my opinion.

    Therefore, by sending "complaining folks" to the moon, maybe they would realize what they have here and they would appreciate Earth more when they returned.

    And why not document this for yet another reality show.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails