The year was 1981. I was 17. It was the summer after my high school graduation. I was starry eyed and had NO idea what life was all about.

I had watched the courtship of Diana Spencer and Prince Charles on television with bated breath (no internet, LOL). Finally it all culminated in a gorgeous wedding. I thought that I would never again in life see anything so beautiful. It was a fairytale and she was becoming a princess. I copied her hair. I tried, badly, to fake a British accent. I was a huge fan of Lady Di and my heart broke for her sons when she passed away so tragically.

But, it was on this day, 28 years ago, when the wedding took place. Do you remember it? Were you into all the hoopla like I was? Were you a fan or foe?

Your comments--priceless!!

4 Responses
  1. Lisa Says:

    I had a classmate, Rachel Teagle, that swore she was descended from royalty. She was infatuated with all things Diana. I remember her parents letting her get dressed up and stay up all night to watch the wedding She called the rest of us later to tell us all about it and took pictures to show us. Oh yeah, she had the fake British accent too.


  2. I remember the wedding and watching it as well with my sister.

    It was truly a fairytale and something I've never forgotten.


  3. I was yet to be born. I had 3 years of floating around to do. However, my mom continues to tell me she watched it. I did love Diana though. I was very sad when she passed away.


  4. Angela Says:

    I remember the wedding. I was maybe a preteen. It was a girl's dream. I've been in love with beautiful weddings, hats, and anything assoiciated with English formalities ever since.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails