So, here's the question--What song can ABSOLUTELY reduce you to tears? One came to me immediately.

In the Garden by Marvin Sapp

Nearly 4 years ago, I lost my Granny. Before she passed away, I often heard folks say that they had a "hole in their heart" when speaking about losing a loved one. I never understood it. Now I do. After all this time, the emotion is still very raw to me. She was such a constant in my life and gave me more love than I deserved sometimes.

Anyhow, this was one of her favorite songs and anywhere I hear it, I can be reduced instantly to tears. After she passed, I came across Marvin's rendition and added it to my iPod. But I usually skip it when it comes on. It's way too painful.

So what is it for you? What song wets your face? Why?

Your comments--priceless!!

Labels: , , edit post
3 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    A Song For Mama, by Boyz To Men. That song makes me think of my son with so much love. When it first came out, he called me and said this is for you. We danced to it, at his wedding.


  2. catladysd Says:

    I can relate, i have several songs that move me to tears for different reasons. However, and please don't laugh, the one that gets me the most is Puff the Magic Dragon, i can remember it playing when my son was very small, and it made me think about him growing up and leaving our family world for his own world. It still makes me cry. Second place is No Charge by Shirley Caesar, same reason, makes me think about my children when they were small and brings on the nostalgia for that time.


  3. Unknown Says:

    The song that gets me every time I hear it is, Total Praise, Richard Smallwood. It goes like this (tearing now):

    Lord, I will lift my eyes to the hills
    Knowing my help is coming from You
    Your peace You give me
    In time of the storm.

    You are the source of my strength
    You are the strength of my life
    I lift my hands in total praise to You.

    You are the source of my strength
    You are the strength of my life
    I lift my hands in total praise to You.

    Amen, Amen
    Amen, Amen
    Amen, Amen
    Amen

    When I hear this song, I feel His love and protection and I'm reminded that I'm a kept woman who has the freedom and awesome privilege to worship Him.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails