Of course, I've heard that one Tuesday of the year (Today), IHOP gives a short stack of pancakes to anyone that enters. They've been doing it since 2006. The idea is that they will give you the pancakes, with hopes that you will make a donation to The Childrens Miracle Network.

While IHOP has been doing it only a few years, my Granny celebrated Pancake Day on Shrove Tuesday from as far back as I can remember. She would start mentioning it weeks in advance--Shrove Tuesday, the day before Ash Wednesday. It would start a frenzy of questions, since children have a warped since of time. Telling us "next week" may as well have been telling us "next year."

Finally, when Pancake Day would arrive, she would make pancakes by the thousand--well that's what it seemed. She would have many different bottles of syrup--Granny always made you feel like you had choices. We would eat pancakes for hours. Fun times. Sharing a meal with multiple generations of extended family and friends. Such memories.

I will think of her often today. What I wouldn't give to see her just once more..

Your thoughts--priceless!!



By the way, I'm still in first place in the Sun Sentinel's Best of Blogs contest. If you haven't voted today, here's the link. Also, the Awards Ceremony is next Wednesday night. They ask that nominees bring family and friends to support them. If you are interested in attending, here's that link as well.
Labels: , edit post
6 Responses
  1. Holly Says:

    Darn, now I want some pancakes!


  2. Michelle Says:

    I have wanted pancakes for at least 2 weeks now. My family never celebrated Shrove Tuesday which is odd because my Mom celebrates any holiday she can find, yep even Jewish Holidays and we're Presbyterian!


  3. Sweet and Yummy! Those pancakes look so good. You can just eat that and it will make you day brighter!


  4. I missed it and I was completely bummed!


  5. Lisa Says:

    Hello, I was just Blog-Hopping and ran across your blog. Very Nice!

    Be Well...


  6. Unknown Says:

    Oh how I love pancakes. And they're even better when they're made with a loving touch like granny's.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails