Well, I'll spare you all of the details, but recently I had to take my 17 year old daughter into the emergency room. Imagine our faces when we arrived and they sent her to the Pediatric side. She will be 18 in 2 months. We got into the waiting room and it would have been pure heaven for a 2 year old. She looked around at the murals and the huge pirate ship taking up half the floor. She muttered, "Oh joy..What should I play with first?" She was not pleased.

When they got her into the room, there were more pirate ships on the walls. She still wasnt pleased. We spent all day looking at the decor. Well, all that pales in comparison to yesterday. We had to see a pediatric surgeon. Trust me, I TRIED to get an adult surgeon, but nobody would see her. They all said that they didn't do minors. So, we had to see the "baby doctor."

As we drove up, I hoped it would be plain decor. I was wrong. It was Winnie the Pooh! BOOOY was it Winnie the Pooh. And Tigger too! And kids running around. Oh joy! hehehe They showed us to Room 3 where there was more Winnie. She was silent. In fact, she sat there texting and tweeting on her phone. When I commented that I found it odd that a patient sitting on a Pooh bed would have a Blackberry, she lost it. I had gone too far.

I thought it was funny--was I wrong?



So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
4 Responses
  1. catladysd Says:

    LOL oh her poor ego! Things have changed i guess when my kids hit puberty they started seeing "adult" doctors. HOpe you took her to a grown up restaurant and didnt make her order off the children's menu after the visit!


  2. Sinfully Says:

    LOL...Don't worry, she'll laugh at this when she's our age.


  3. Haha, that's a little funny but I can't imagine being taken to the peds side when she's so close to being 18. Hopefully she wasn't too embarrassed when she left.


  4. silver Says:

    Little late on reply, but..

    I wanted to go to the pediatrician for as long as possible. I started college at 17 though and the office wouldn't allow me to see him when I came back for break.

    In my teens, he talked to me like an adult but at the same time still had the gentleness he had with the young 'uns. And the office staff was so much nicer than most of the adult doctors I've been too. In some sense, I guess they were probably relieved that they could talk to me in normal tones.

    granted though, his office looke nothing like the playhouses you describe.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails