When I was a kid, I would love to see newly fallen snow. It was so pretty, untouched. Later, when cars started driving on it and folks started walking on it, it was so pretty anymore. It became yucky.

There's another thing that I'm reminded of when it snows. Everytime I see snow, even on television, I think about it. When I was young, my Mom would act strange when it snowed, even when they were only calling for a dusting. She used to stand at the window and fret. She would look so sad.

Once, I asked why she looked so sad everytime it snowed. She replied, "I'm just thinking about all the people who have no place to go." That's always stuck with me. I was looking at the beauty of it, from my warm, cozy home--with food in the cabinets. Someone else was looking at it close up, from their sleeping spot on the street. Ain't it funny how 2 folks can look at the same thing and the meaning it totally different for them both?

Your comments--priceless!!

Labels: , , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. I love the snow but it sure can wreck havoc


  2. I see snow as a burden.

    You have to shovel your home and rental properties.

    You have to shovel your car out.

    You have to be very cautious driving in it.

    You have to dress a certain way to keep warm in it.

    I could do without it, for sure!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails