Ok, so here's a question. How many strikes do you give a person before they're struck out? I mean really...And let me clarify, I don't mean a relationship necessarily. It could be a co-worker, a neighbor, a longtime friend. When someone does you wrong, do they get another chance? How many? Why?

This is an area that I struggle with. I tend to give one strike. It's way hard for me to turn the other cheek. Like Maya Angelou said, "When people show you who they are, BELIEVE them." You simply don't get multiple chances to hurt, embarass, or plain ole "show out" on me. Am I wrong for this?

Your comments--priceless!!



I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I'm used to be a 3 striker, however, after getting burned by various people, I now generally give people one chance to do something extremely foul to me before I put them in the "I will be civil to you, but not really have anything to do with you" category. I believe in forgiveness, but if you purposely or even inadvertly put me or my family in harms way, I really don't think it's in my best interest to have a close up relationship with you. I can love that person from afar...


  2. Rather than count the strikes, I tend to weigh the good points against the bad. If the good outweighs the bad, I keep 'em.


  3. When it comes to significant others I'll give them 2 strikes. With friends...maybe 3


  4. LUVA Says:

    STRIKE 1 YOU'RE OUT! DON'T NEED THE DRAMA, DON'T NEED THE NEGATIVE ENERGY DRAINING MY POSITIVE ENERGY, DON'T NEED U BLOCKING MY BLESSINGS. HOWEVER, I WILL FORGIVE YOU {WALKING AWAY KICKING THE DUST OFF MY SHOES}


  5. catladysd Says:

    I almost always give someone a second chance, cuz God knows i'm not perfect and have needed a 2nd chance a few times in my life. But that is my limit. I may still be able to find the good in that person, but i'm not going to give them more than one chance because after that a pattern has formed that is unlikely to change.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails