I love makeup. I love all the colors and all the brushes. I even own quite a bit of makeup and all the accessories. I follow faithfully many makeup blogs. The problem is--I don't wear makeup. Usually, my face is bare. If it's a special occasion, I may throw on lipgloss. The last time I had on more than "just lipgloss" was when I got married. I think I added eye shadow that day.

What is my problem with makeup? Why don't I wear it? I simply don't have time for all the fussing and blending and shading. Do I like how it looks? Absolutely. Do I stop at all the make up counters in Macy's? Absolutely. Do I take in the entire makeup wall in the drug store? Absolutely. Do I even make purchases? Absolutely.

Well, guess what? I've just realized that I am no spring chicken, so I may need to "spruce up" a bit. Starting soon (lol), I'm going to wear makeup regularly. Not a lot, but I'm certainly going to put forth more effort. How about that?

Your comments--priceless!!


Labels: , , , edit post
5 Responses
  1. I'm guilty of buying way too many eyeshadows


  2. ~ Mrs. K ~ Says:

    Makeup ~ Oh how I love thee!
    There are some days when I go w/o it. But the majority of the time, I wear the following: Mac Studio Fix Powder (I need to hide the dark circles under my eyes) :), Lip Gloss & Liner, Eyeshadow and Masacra.

    However, I'm not of one of those women who absoulutely have to wear it all day everyday and or would die if someone see's them w/o it.

    That's not me - I love it but can go w/o sometimes...

    ~ Peace & Blessings ~


  3. Sinfully Says:

    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Bare Escentuals makeup line. It's easy to apply, stays in place and looks natural no matter your race or complexion.


  4. catladysd Says:

    I used to never go out without makeup but now i rarely wear it. I covet it, i buy it, i could probably do makeup for the entire female population of the local high school with what i own. I like to wear it, i know it enhances and hides but since i retired i just don't feel the need to spend that time everyday.


  5. lifeisfantaztic embrace it Says:

    I love and use makeup on a regular basis - however, I like natural makeup. I don't like make-up that makes you look made up. I don't like long goulish lashes or nails, just subtle touches here and there. And for all you women that put blush on in a little circle on your cheeks - You are not Raggedy Ann leave it alone.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails