What's your favorite time of day? For me, it's dawn. I love the few minutes between darkness and light. It's when I'm at my creative best.

I've been an early riser all of my life. I'm usually up hours before anyone else in my home. It's a great time for prayer, reflection, affirmations, and planning. I also catch up on the news, check emails, and write blog posts. If there's time, I may also check Facebook and Twitter. As the day wears on, the family arises, and the day starts. There's probably not another time of day when it's just me and my thoughts.

What's your favorite time of day? Are you an early bird like me? Are you a night owl? When are you at your best? Why?

Your comments--priceless!!

6 Responses
  1. I like early morning as well, but am not up that often to see it.

    As a frequent insomniac, I admit that getting up at 6:00 is my idea of sunrise (never mind the sun came up), but just pure quiet and I can catch up with a lot of blogging before the day starts.


  2. I prefer my quiet at night. Too much scrambling in the morning to get things done and get the day moving.


  3. Amy B. Says:

    Most definitely I am an early bird. That's the only time of day I have to myself. It's all about coffee and my newspaper (I'm old-fashioned) and some me time. I get quite aggravated if the newspaper delivery guy doesn't have the paper on my door by 5:00 AM!


  4. catladysd Says:

    While i enjoy the beauty of a sunset, early morning is my favorite. When the kids were growing up i would get up at 5am do a half hour walk, come home grab the newspaper and a cup of coffee and weather permitting sit on the patio and enjoy the birds chirping and the sound of no voices! It is still my favorite time of day, but with insomnia i do not always get to enjoy it.

    There are so many simple pleasures in life. It makes me glad that i am content with them and that i don't have that pull to need more and better. I look around, and see i have everything i need and a lot of joy in my life. I am grateful.


  5. Im an early bird but I'm my best sometime around mid afternoon.


    Come check out Me & My Ego. Follow Me!


  6. I hate getting up in the early morning but once i'm up, I'm up. I also have to get up for work super early so at this point I'm kinda use to it.

    My favorite part of the day is usually those winter mornings when you get up and it's still dark outside yet in the summer it would be light. I love that. I love going outside and it being somewhat mystical.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails