One of my goals for this year is to try to see blessings in every circumstance. As I look back over my adult life, I must say that one of the blessings that I most often overlook, is friendship--specifically the friendships of other women. There are some things that ONLY another woman can understand.

At each bump in the road, there was a girlfriend, along with God, who helped me through it. I imagine that it's not an easy task to be a FOJ (Friend of Jewel) and I want to thank all of you for your friendship, support, guidance, words of wisdom, and quips of criticism. I can only hope that I've been as great a friend to you as you have to me.

I have been blessed with many wonderful women in my life, and want to introduce you to some of them. I'm sure you will see more of them, as I post about my daily life...

Cathi-I have no idea where she came from, she just appeared one day and it was as if we had been lifelong friends. She's like Santa--she knows when I've been good or bad! She's taught me so much and I can't imagine daily life without her. Thanks for your friendship, Cathi!

Denise-She's my country girl Betty! We've shared so much that I HAVE to stay friends with her, there's way too much at risk. I miss her a lot--we've both moved to new cities, but the love will always be there for her and for her family.

Gina-She's more like a sister than a girlfriend. I've known her since the day she was born. Though she is the youngest, I definitely look up to her. She's gorgeous and smart and walks in the Light. Just looking at her life makes me strive to do better. I love you Gina!

Jackie-This is the friendship of a lifetime. I've known her for years and we are definitely two peas in a pod. She's one of the few folks that I can call in the middle of the night and know that she won't yell at me. She has an answer for any question and her answer is usually, "Jewel, you KNOW the answer to that!"

Are there people in your life that don't know how special they are to you? Remedy that today! Let's make some calls, send some emails, text some folks--tell them how much you appreciate them. We have no idea who won't be with us on Jan 1, 2010.

Your comments-priceless!
5 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    great P.O.V. into the world of an FOJ! Starting off on the right foot Jewel! We all need good friends, looks like you have been blessed with 4 good ones!


  2. Jackie Says:

    {{{{{{ Jewel }}}}}}} Your blog spot is fantastic. I can't wait to read the next update. I am proud to be in the FOJ because you are a FFL (a Friend For Life).


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I'm glad that I'm a FOJ...you are such a special person. You are honest to a fault (like me), and I value your friendship more than you could ever know. Much love to you :)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Jewels,
    I agree having a good supportive friend base is truly a blessing. The thought of knowing God has blessed my life with so many wonderful people gives me so much joy.


  5. LUVA Says:

    I'm a FOJ!!!!! Be blessed in all you do, coming and going!! This blog is great!!!!!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails