I have a challenge for you today. If you had to bury a time capsule that represented your life TODAY, what would you put in it. This means that 100 years from now, someone would open it and, from the 10 items you've included, they should be able to figure out what your life was like.

I've been thinking about what I would bury. Here are my 10 items, in no particular order:

  1. my laptop
  2. a picture of my family
  3. my business card
  4. my Kindle
  5. my Blackberry
  6. paint swatches, all in the color pink
  7. my Bible
  8. Fairytale Brownies
  9. iron pills
  10. a thumb drive with my photo albums on them

Looking at this, I wonder what conclusions one would draw from those items. Is this really who I am--a geek? Apink, iron deficient, Christian, gadget geek? Is that who I am? Does anything speak to the fact that I'm from Washington, DC? Would you gather that I live in South Florida? Would you know that I love baseball?

This is harder than I thought. Let me work on my list some more. In the meantime, what 10 things would represent your life today--not yesterday, not tomorrow, but who you are right now. Interesting stuff...

Your comments--priceless!!

9 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    1. Recipes
    2. Mini Cake Pans
    3. Business Plan
    4. Coffee
    5. Laptop
    6. Family Pictures in Family Bible
    7. Seashells & Sand
    8. Cell Phone
    9. Fibromyalgia Meds
    10. Shower Gel

    You are right - not as easy as it seems.


  2. Silk! Says:

    I'm going to post this to FB.....what an awesome thought....


  3. I don't have a list yet, but the analysis of the list sounds like a great assignment for a social studies class.

    Imagine asking an older person what they would have put in a time capsule. Then have a group of kids tell us what they can tell about the person based on the contents.


  4. Sinfully Says:

    1. TV remote control
    2. Dr Grip ink pen with refills
    3. Gevalia Mocha Java coffee
    4. Laptop
    5. Ipod
    6. Bose earbuds
    7. Stethescope
    8. Blackberry
    9. Half pound of Adorable French Refined hair
    10. Q-card

    That list should keep em confused for a bit!


  5. NURSETUCK Says:

    LOL@ IRON PILLS
    1 OF MY DALLAS COWBOYS TOWELS, THE REST GOING W/ME
    CHOCOLATE ANYTHING
    PURPLE HANDBAG
    PICS OF MY FAMILY
    1 OF MY BLACK NURSE FIGURINES
    MY PRAYER BOOK
    A WATERFALL
    WINDCHIMES
    A SOFT BUT FIRM PILLOW
    SCENTED OILS HMM @JASMINE,LAVENDAR OR SANDALWOOD
    MY COMPUTER SUZY, SHE'S ON HER LAST LEG ANYWAY


  6. Reviewer11 Says:

    Stopping by to say hi from a new SITSta (I think that's how it is said there ?)

    Have a wonderful Day! :D


  7. lifeisfantastic embrace it Says:

    1. Pictures,Pictures
    2. Laptop
    3. Bible
    4. Journals
    5. Kindle
    6. Ipod
    7. Chocolate
    8. Lingerie
    9. Starbucks Card (fully load)
    10. Annie Lee Collection

    Ok, I’m Black, religious, sexy and electronic device attached (EDA) armed with chocolate and coffee so I can be dangerous on a good day. Thinking what would I put in it if you needed to see my bad day - hmmmm


  8. Ugmolicious Says:

    1.) My Bible.
    2.) Pictures of my family and me.
    3.) A Letter from My Mother.
    4.) Poetry I've written.
    5.) 5 of my favorite movie DVD's.
    6.) My Laptop.
    7.) My Cellphone.
    8.) A CD executive produced by me.
    9.) My Diary.
    10.)5 of my favorite Books.


  9. Silk! Says:

    1) a flag pole with my USC Alumni flag on it
    2) a set of drum mallets
    3) My 2008 Ole Skool Crew basketball jersey/uniform
    4) My blackberry
    5) The photo of Saturn in eclipse taken by the Cassini spacecraft
    6) A copy of ELO's "Discovery" album
    7) A pair of glasses
    8) A photo with my siblings and I
    9) A red felt heart
    10) A bottle of Cristal


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails