Please meet FOJ Natalie McNeal. She is a journalist for the Miami Herald, and the author of the popular blog, The Frugalista Files. The Frugalista Files show us the "frugal" side of being fabulous.

Last year, Natalie, tired of living paycheck to paycheck, pitched the concept of the blog to the Herald. She wanted to go a whole month without spending extra money--no eating out, no manicures, no pedicures, no beauty salon, etc. and chronicle the experience. They agreed and she took on the month long challenge, saving $400. What happened next is phenomenal. What was supposed to a month of blogging has continued ever since, establishing her as a expert in personal finance. I read it faithfully, and would recommend it to you, as well. It's chocked full of money saving tips and specials. Recent posts have advised me of free shakes from Orange Julius, free music from Amazon, and free beauty treatments, among other things. I even email her tidbits when I come across them. You may have seen her recently on local tv and panel discussions, as well as nationally, on CNN.

While the Frugalista Files is new, Natalie is certainly no newcomer to the business. Originally from Chicago, she's known since high school that she wanted to be a journalist. After graduating from Howard University, she ended up here in South Florida and we are so lucky to have her!

We can support her by reading her column, commenting on her posts, and purchasing her upcoming book. Her contact information is on her page. Her twitter name is @frugalista. Don't forget, the purpose of FOJ(Friend of Jewel) Fridays is to introduce you to folks that I find interesting, so that you can expand your circles. Get to know someone. Make a friend!


Your comments--priceless!!
3 Responses
  1. nursetuck Says:

    I think it’s wonderful you take the time to recognize special people that we would not otherwise know about. Thanks for the lookie look out!


  2. I'm definitely going to check her out.

    Being unemployed in this economy really sucks, but I'm learning how to pamper me without the $$$. Any tips would be AWESOME.

    Thanks...


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I went and checked out her blog...Totally added it to my bloggy link page! Thanks for sharing it with us! Dropping by to say thank you for visiting me on my FB day over at SITS.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails