By now, we've all heard about the wildly popular Government program, Cash for Clunkers. This program awards cash to car owners that are trading in a gas guzzler for a more "earth friendly" alternative. That's great, huh?

Well, what about folks like me that can't participate, for whatever reason? Can't I trade in something else? I'm sure I have things that I could trade in for something more modern and "earth friendly'?

For instance, what about all the VHS tapes that my husband has? Can I trade them in for a new pair of eco friendly Jimmy Choos?? What about the 120 pound Rottweiler? Can I trade it in for a cute little Teacup? What about the bottle of Coke sitting on my night table? It went flat. Can I trade it in for a new one in a biodegradable bottle? What about the size 8 jeans that I packed up and moved here? Can I trade them in for some trendy, "green," size 12s?

Why is the government overlooking me? Why are they ignoring my needs? Why can't I participate? I HAVE clunkers!

Your comments--priceless!!

6 Responses
  1. Okay, this post made me laugh and think of all the things I'd like to trade in...


  2. I was disappointed in this as well. In May I bought a new car and my old car was from 1995 and I still didn't qualify for this....


  3. betty Says:

    hi; found your blog through Martha's (Menagerie). I think it is a good program if people are prepared to get a new car; we have 2 vehicles that would qualify for the program, but then when we buy the next vehicle up to qualify, that means probably car payments and that I don't want for sure

    I would like to trade in about 30 pounds; think they would take that??

    betty


  4. Sinfully Says:

    Isn't that what Ebay is...cash for clunkers?


  5. Hhahaha! @ VHS tapes for eco friendly Jimmy Choos!


  6. lifeisfantaztic embrace it Says:

    Trading in a good laugh at your blog today.

    The government just announced that they will get to eveyones needs as soon as possible. They also stated, don't wait too long cause it may take a longgggggggggggg time.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails