So, school starts again soon. And this is a big year in my home--my daughter is about to start her senior year of high school. It's an exciting time-yearbook pictures, prom dates, and college applications. It's hard to believe that, at this time next year, she'll be going or gone.

Last week, we spent a few hours making a spreadsheet of the college application process. We listed application due dates, fees, and visit schedules. It was pretty daunting. Some schools make you apply early, some allow you to wait til later. I was surprised at how much thought she's put into it. She thinks of schools in terms of R, M, or S. R is a reach school, one that she feels would be a stretch for her to gain admission. The M is a match, one that she feels best suited for. The S is a safety school, one she's sure she can get into. She says that we have to apply to a couple of each. I agree.

We also have a stack of mail for her to go through. These contain invitations to dinners, information sessions, and special programs. Some are local, some on the campus. I have no idea how I'm going to swing the necessary travel budget, let alone the application fees. And of course, Dad is coming down for some of the road trips. Wish me luck!!

Your comments--priceless!!


2 Responses
  1. Sinfully Says:

    You ALL will do just fine. I'm placing my money that your Dad will be the voice of experience/reason. Even if he has a roundabout way of expressing it. Happy Trails!


  2. It's such an exciting time though. I know when I was picking a college my favorite part was visiting the campus's and seeing if they felt like a good fit.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails