Today, my daughter and I volunteered at a Habitat for Humanity site. Though I am beat, it was one of the most rewarding things that I have ever done.

I got involved in this project through FOJ Maria. I'm glad that she did. I met the folks who run Habitat for Humanity of Greater Miami, including new FOJs Michelle, Rud, and Gavin. I will be doing more with them in the future. I worked with the most amazing group of people. We were such a diverse group, that we could have only been brought together through a project like this. We worked alongside the new homeowner, a single mom. She gave us all open invites to visit her anytime. I can't wait until she moves in!

One of my favorite sayings goes like this--"You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can not repay you." What have you done recently for someone who can not repay you? How did it make you feel? Is there anything else like it in the world? Tell me about your experience.

Your comments--priceless!!
6 Responses
  1. catladysd Says:

    Kudos to you and your daughter. I agree there is no better feeling than giving from your heart. When i volunteer i feel like i get as much if not more than whoever is benefitting from my efforts.


  2. Congrats to you and your daughter.

    I am always amazed at how great you feel after helping someone out - one of the best feelings out there.


  3. I think this is one of the greatest things people can take part in. Yay for you participating!


  4. nursetuck Says:

    did you sing "if I had a hammer"?
    I'd hammer out love between my brothers and my sisters,all over this land, LOL
    Kudos to you both


  5. Ugmolicious Says:

    Habitat for Humanity is a wonderful organization providing homes for people/families who cannot afford them. I've never worked on any of their projects, but, I've contributed monetary donations to this organization for years. While, I appreciate the tax write-off for donating to a charity such as this one, I am always inspired by the work they do and the smiling faces of the families they help. You and your daughter are special people and should be commended for the unselfish committment of time and love you have provided to someone who needed your time and effort to help them achieve the American "dream".


  6. I'm so glad you joined us! Thanks for participating. It was hard work but well worth it. I can't wait for the dedication of the home.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails