What's with this new term, "cougar?" These are older women that go after younger men. We now call them cougars, huh? Well, I take offense. I am NOT a cougar.

No matter that I'm a few years older than my husband, and I often remind him that I already knew how to spell my name by the time he was born. And, no matter that I often dated younger men when I was single. I am NOT a cougar.

Why is cougar a derogatory term when older men have been stalking and preying on the youngest of women since the beginning of time? Why do women have to bear a stamp of shame? I am NOT a cougar.

I'm interested to see how you all feel about this. And in case you missed it--I am NOT a cougar!!

Your comments--priceless!!

4 Responses
  1. Erin Says:

    Jewel,

    That's funny because I am 9 yrs older than my husband and people always say I'm a cougar. I'm not even sure what that means. Our age difference has never been an issue and we've been together for 15 yrs and we're still going strong!


  2. catladysd Says:

    I detest the conotation the name cougar brings. Makes it sound like the women are predators. I, too have dated younger men when i was single and yanno what they were fun and lively and didnt sit in front of the tv drinking beer! I am tired of women being put down for the same things men get thumbs up for!


  3. Haha, I'm 2 years old but I don't feel that's enough of a time frame to be considered a cougar.


  4. Other people name things. For most, we didn't even name ourselves.

    I doubt the older women came up with cougar. I doubt the older men came up with dirty old man!

    Nowdays, it's just marketing. The shorter the title the easier the tweet ;-)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails