Do you have a nickname? I don't mean when your name is Catherine and everyone calls you Cathy. I mean when your name is Maria and everyone calls you Tiny. That kind of nickname.

I have one. I'm told that on the very day that I was born, someone came to the hospital to visit and proclaimed that I looked just like Pebbles on the Flintstones show. I find that interesting because Pebbles clearly has a headful of hair, pulled into a ponytail and I was bald so long that I nearly wore a wig to kindergarten. But that's a whole different story. Let's get back to the nickname.

So I became Pebbles. In fact, I'm still Pebbles or Pebbs to folks that have known me since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Recently, a woman that never knew that I was/am Pebbles met my mom. She then sent me a email addressing me as Pebbles. I think that she thought that I was ashamed. NOT! I answer to Pebbles much like I answer to Jewel. In fact, I didn't even realize that she had addressed me as Pebbles until I got way deep into her email. I don't mind at all. Call me whatever you like, just don't call me late for dinner!

What's your nickname? Is it a source of embarassment for you? Tell me about it.

Your comments--priceless!!

5 Responses
  1. I have no earthly idea why, and they can't explain it, but as a child, whenever I did something wrong my parents called me Butch. What is THAT about? I'm a girl. Can you imagine how embarrassing it is to be out in public and your mother yells, "Oh Butch, don't do that!"


  2. Yeah when I was younger I got pegged with JMO. It stuck and every single person I went to college with calls me that!


  3. I do not have a nickname, but for the longest time we called my son Boo-bah... I have no idea why... but he's 4 and its just now starting to fade away lol


  4. Unknown Says:

    Thanks for the compliment honey!

    I have a nickname...
    It's Star...


  5. Unknown Says:

    Oh...and it's not a source of embarrassment...I love it actually...


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails