Once again, I must give props to Facebook. Last night, I reconnected with longtime FOJ Robin. We had been friends since childhood, but lost contact about 15 years ago. Within minutes of reconnecting, we were on the phone. It was just like old times--giggling, intimating details of our new lives, and reminiscing about old times.

It was a blast. I was giddy when I hung up. She's in Tennessee now, and we made plans to get together this fall. I was amazed by the pictures of her family. Her daughters were little girls the last time I saw them. Now they are gorgeous young adults.

Robin's doing well, but I always knew she would. She's always been very focused, driven, and family oriented. I was not surprised that her parents had folowed her to Tennessee shortly after she settled there. I'm so happy!

To reconnect with such a good friend is an awesome feeling. We live in a world now of foolishness and fakery (Yes, I just made that word up.) True friendship is often elusive. I am so grateful to have been blessed, at every junction in my life, with good friends. Who could have predicted that 2 gawky junior high (middle school to you youngsters!) buddies, would still be friends all these years later??

Have you done well in the friend department? Do you have true friends? The kind that you could sit up all night talking to? What do they mean to you? Have you told them lately?

Your comments--priceless!!



2 Responses
  1. Aw, I'm glad you got to reconnect. I love getting to talk to old friends.


  2. I have a decent sized circle of Divas and we all live in different states. I love it when we get to hang together.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails