How do you keep in touch with friends and family that live far away? Email? Phone calls? Snail mail? I do a mixture of them all. It's so easy to lose touch these days and family is important to me.


I send email regularly. I think it's a great way to keep in touch, but also a bit impersonal. Who wants to be on a list of 10 other folks that you are sharing "exciting news" with?


I try to call at regular intervals as well, especially the older generation. They may not be getting my email updates. And they love to just hear your voice. And talking to family makes my day!


I send snail mail, though not nearly as much as I should. When I get an envelope or package in the mail from a friend, especially one that I wasn't expecting, it makes me giddy. I want to share that feeling with someone else.


How do you all keep in contact? And how do you make holidays and family milestones special, even when you can't be there?


Your comments--priceless!!


3 Responses
  1. catladysd Says:

    I rarely use snail mail anymore unless it is to send greeting cards, and my sister and i send each other boxes of books.

    I like being able to dash off an email if something strikes me or I just want to reach out at that moment.

    I don't do a lot of phone, mostly family and closer acquaintances, i'm not much for spending hours on the phone.


  2. nursetuck Says:

    I like to do a variety. I was kind of slacking this past Christmas w/snail cards. I only got 2, is this a thing of the past?
    I really don't like texting, sending or receiving. I like get neat surprises in the mail as well.


  3. lifeisfantastic embrace it Says:

    I do it all, but nothing beats one -on- one interaction, and unfortunately one - on - one interaction is a thing of the past. I don't like Christmas Cards that tell me what happened to you all year, why couldn't you e-mail, pick up the phone or write a letter about what happened in May... why do I have to wait until Christmas and everyone in the family receives the same drab letter. And then there are 10 others with the same 3 page letters about what happened to them the whole year.... ok... I put them down... and call you up.... I have plenty of free minutes..... Let's chat awhile......


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails