I don't want to be a grownup anymore. Lately, I've been longing for the leisure and carelessness of my childhood. Back when I didn't have a job, bills, medical problems, and responsibilities. The worst stress in my life was whether the weather would be nice enough for me to go outside.

I long for hopscotch and Chico-o-Sticks. For skate keys and puppy love. For jacks and kickball. Being a adult is so over rated, yet it looks sooo desireable when you're a kid. I couldn't wait to be grown. Now I'm here and I wish I could give it all back. Peter Pan was definitely on to something...

Your comments--priceless!!

4 Responses
  1. Sinfully Says:

    Giving it all back to be young again might be nice for minute. But think of all the wonderful adult experiences you would have missed. Falling in love, your children's birth, that breathtaking vacation, etc...


  2. catladysd Says:

    I don't wanna grow up i'm a toys r us kid! I still let my inner child out to play frequently. Even more so with my 3 yr old granddaughter, we just giggle and laugh and act silly, so much fun!


  3. I think Dave & Busters has the same thoughts as you do. Their new campaign has people interacting with their fun.Details here.
    http://www.adweek.com/aw/content_display/creative/news/e3i8b27dfd84d2a3776d0223e9d167c1a3a


  4. nursetuck Says:

    I think its important to let yourself have a good laugh and act silly sometimes. We can play jax and jump some double dutch one day.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails