Today is Easter Sunday. For some of us, that means the we break out the Easter baskets, colored eggs and chocolate bunnies. But for many of us, this is the most Holy of times. Today is the day that we celebrate the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, three days after his crucifixion. In many families, it is marked by Church attendance, followed by a family feast. As a child, Easter weekend was always wrapped up with a visit to the National Zoo in Washington, DC on Easter Monday.

I have much to be thankful for this Easter. Though I'm certainly not where I want to be, I have faith that I am exactly where God wants me to be. There are certainly lessons that I need to be learning, and I hope that I get them soon, so that I can move on from this place. I'm feeling very stagnant.

What about you? What are your Easter traditions, if any? Does your religion observe Easter? Does your family have specific Easter customs?

Your comments--priceless!!


5 Responses
  1. Sinfully Says:

    Use this "stagnant" time to regroup, re-evaluate and rest.


  2. catladysd Says:

    Putting faith in the Lord is a difficult thing for some to do. Personally, i don't think i could make it without that faith.

    I'm looking forward to seeing my grandchildren later in all their Easter finery. Easter has always been a time to get together with family and enjoy the love and laughter.


  3. cmiles Says:

    During this day of the celebration of the resurrection, I tend to reflect on my life. I may not be where I think I should be in life, but I think where I could have been. I honestly believe His angles watch over me, and I am thankful and feel truly Blessed every day.


  4. Eden ~ Lil Ejypt Says:

    Easter is a special holiday for me, and I have gone through phases of what it means and how I celebrate it over the course of my lifetime. This Resurrection Day had a different significance for me. I celebrated forgiveness, and the amazing, unmatchable pure love of the Lord.
    I have certainly done some things in my lifetime for which I am grateful to be forgiven. I have also done a lot of work to become a totally forgiving person...at one time, I was very selective about forgiveness, and chose to hold onto some resentments and chose not to be forgiving to some people. Thank God that I have grown-through Him-and let go of that need to hold those resentments.
    Also, as we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, I celebrate my gratitude for his willingness to go through a horrid crucifixion for us...for ME, He did that, when I can never be worthy? The least I can do is be the best person I can be, be a lamp unto the feet of those who have not come to believe, and make every effort not to dishonor my Lord and Savior by neglecting my Christianity. Easter Sunday is a reminder for me to keep fighting the good fight! It's the least I can do after all HE did for me.


  5. LUVA Says:

    I like to refer to the holiday as Resurrection Day. Although Jesus/Yeshua wasn't killed on a Friday, and He didn't rise on a Sunday, we as Christians celebrate on this Sunday. Easter is not mentioned in the Bible. Easter is a pagan holiday celebrating the fertility goddess. But nonetheless, our Jesus Christ/Yeshua did give up His life and was the last sacrifice. We should be grateful and thankful because He Lives!!!!! An empty grave is proof!! How bout that Hand of God in space that NASA took a picture of???


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails