Many of you have heard me raving about this book. I read it this week. It is an amazing story of friendship and tolerance. It's set in Jackson, Mississippi in the 60's. It's the story of the relationships between white families of that era and the black maids who serve them. You follow the lives of three women, all three of which you love sometimes and you want to shake at other times.
This one made me laugh out loud, as well as weep. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't believe that it's author, Kathryn Stockett, has never written a book before. Her first time out of the gate and she hits a home run! This is one of my top 5 reads of all time.
I'm giving this away. Here are the rules:
1. Leave a comment on this post anytime between now and next Thursday, April 16. Winner will be drawn by random number generator and announced on Friday, April 17th. Winner will be notified by email and have 24 hours to provide an address to send the book. Should winner fail to do so, another winner will be chosen.
2. You will get one extra entry if you sign up for email subscriptions and start receiving them.
3. You will get one extra entry if you follow me on Twitter.
4. You will get one extra entry if you blog about this giveaway.
5. You will get one extra entry if you forward this post to at least 4 friends. Please copy me on the email.
6. You will get one extra entry if you tweet about this giveway.
Whew! That's a lot of entries. Good luck!