Today is Red Hat Society Day. Have you ever seen them? They are a group of older women who get together to encourage fun and silliness. They all wear red hats and purple outfits.

I've run into groups of them occasionally. They always look like they are having such a good time that I'm kind of jealous that you have to be at least 50 years old to join. It's not a sorority. There aren't any initiation fees. They don't raise funds. They boast of more than a million members.

They simply enjoy each other's company and I love it. I think it's great. And the costumes are sometimes so ridiculous that you can't help but smile when you see them. A perfect society cherishes it's children, as well as it's elderly. I'm all for that!

Your comments--priceless!!
Labels: , , , edit post
3 Responses
  1. Drindiva Says:

    I saw a group of these women a few years ago, when I was in Ohio, having lunch with my sisters. They were beautiful and having a fantastic time! Wheelchairs, walkers, canes - it didn't matter, they were having the time of their lives.


  2. catladysd Says:

    There is that inner child again! I wish more people would let theirs out. When my best friend in the world and i are together we can be just as silly as we can be!

    I spend a lot of time being silly with the 4 grandchildren i am blessed to live close to also. My granddaughter will say..grandma you're sooooooooo silly. I'm glad she thinks so.

    Laughter truly is the best medicine. No matter what is going on in my life, if something brings me laughter it lightens the load.

    When you hit 50 jewel we will have to plan a red hat weekend.


  3. I've yet to experience one of these outings but I'm certainly old enough. I'm thinking of wearing a Redskins hat and a Raven's jersey. That ought to make things exciting :-)


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails