While the rest of my friends are lamenting the loss of professional football for the next few months, and cheering the race to the playoffs in professional basketball, I have been silently biding my time. And finally, it's here-Baseball Season!

I love baseball. It is absolutely my favorite professional sport. My friends say it's boring and slow and long, but I say that there is nothing more American than baseball, except, of course, hotdogs and apple pie. And I'm looking forward to opening day tomorrow--my hometown team, The Washington Nationals, are playing my current town team, The Florida Marlins. I'm not sure who even to cheer for. Then, after opening day, many games to follow. My fascination will run until the World Series this fall.

What about you guys? Any baseball lovers? Wanna wager any friendly bets? Whose your team? Whose your favorite player?

Your comments--priceless!!

7 Responses
  1. Amarque Says:

    Baseball is soooooooooooo boring!

    The good thing about the start of baseball is that it signals exhibition football is right around the corner.


  2. Kat Says:

    Love love love baseball!! Thought I was the only one! Although I'm not a 'die-hard' I love going to games and taking in the whole experience... Let me know if you ever want to hit up a game!! Kat...


  3. catladysd Says:

    Love to go to baseball games also. Used to go to padre games a lot when i lived in san diego. One of my favorite parts is the
    7th inning stretch watching all the little kids stand up singing 'take me out to the ball game' with all their little hearts and souls!


  4. TwoFishFive Says:

    I'll be rooting for the Nationals. I didn't make it to a game last year, as a protest to the exorbitant ticket prices at the new stadium, but all is forgiven this year. I grew up in walking difference from RFK Stadium and went to a few baseball games when we had the Senators. Baseball was my original favorite sport; football is #1 now, with NCAA basketball (March Madness
    !!) second. My heart was literally broken when the Senators moved to Tejas to become the Tejas Rangers.

    I kinda sorta rooted for the Baltimore Orioles, because they were the closest team to DC, but I later became an Atlanta Braves fan (until the Nats came to DC).

    Even though the Marlins have a better team, the Nationals will make some noise this year. Either way, enjoy the season!


  5. aah...the joys of spring and summer

    sunshine pouring over you
    leaning back relaxing on a slow day
    pulling your cap down to keep the sun out of your eyes
    leaning over and grabbing a cold one to quench your thirst
    chasing it with a ballpark hotdog

    ahh...the good life......IF you're at the beach and NOT at a BORING baseball game :::boo snore:::
    GO MSU!!!


  6. Sinfully Says:

    Going to baseball games is FAR more interesting than the game itself (I'm a huge football fan). Doing the wave, eating those "ballpark" hotdogs and people watching is worth the price of admission. And if the team wins...well, that's the cherry on top!


  7. cmiles Says:

    I find baseball more fascinating in the stadium and not on tv. I can watch during the playoffs through the world series, but regular games do not hold my interest. I keep up with winners and losers on espn. I can watch football and basketball all day everyday.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails