Yesterday, I heard one of the saddest stories. One of my relatives was accompanying another relative to their local emergency room. While there, she happened upon one of her former coworkers who was laying on a stretcher. They hadn't seen each other in about 10 years or so.

The coworker explained that she had tried to kill herself that morning. She lost her job and is having trouble finding a new one. She fears that she will lose her home and end up on the street. She was very matter of fact about the whole thing. She has just painted herself into a corner and there's no way out. Suicide seems like a viable solution to her. How sad..

We have got to fix this economy! When normal, sane folks are plotting their own demise to get away from bill collectors and financial troubles, there is a problem. I pray for her and others like her. There, but for the grace of God, goes Jewel...

Your comments--priceless!!

2 Responses
  1. catladysd Says:

    with all the political finger pointing and all the excuses from private industry and mortgage companies, the people truly suffering are really not being heard or having much in the way of immediate help coming their way.

    Overwhelming frustration, a future that looks bleak, ceo's receiving millions while you may be reduced to food stamps to try to feed your children can certainly bring on situational depression.

    I believe that the financial structure of this country will once again be strong, i wish out of all those billions used to help that happen that more money had trickled down to folks struggling to keep their homes and jobs.


  2. Eden ~ Lil Ejypt Says:

    Jewel...your heart is so precious. I love that about you, and it is so evident in the feelings you express here.
    I will also pray for the woman and for all who are experiencing that level of despair, that degree of a threat to their ability to meet their won basic financial needs.
    I am so grateful that I am faithful in believing that God is going to make sure me and my house are covered. I haven't felt a pinch that is unmanageable yet, though things are sure tight. As you said...but for the grace of God, there go I.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails