Let me first say, I am NOT a Miley Cyrus fan. However, with that being said, she does have a new song out whose lyrics are about determination, persistence, and most importantly--accepting failure. I am at a point in my life right now where these lessons are timely for me. Sometimes I will not come out on top. Sometimes, though I've given it my best, I will fall short of the goal. In those times, I have to pick myself up, dust off my britches, and press on.

I'm not fond of Miley's voice, but the lyrics of "The Climb" hit home for me. Here is the chorus...

There's always going to be another mountain
I'm always going to want to make it move
Always going to be an uphill battle,
Sometimes I'm gonna to have to lose,
Ain't about how fast I get there,
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

She's right--it's not always about winning--sometimes it's about the lessons learned in "the climb." What do you think?

Your comments--priceless!!
Labels: , , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Lessons come from journeys, not destinations. Sounds like the song is about a journey.

    ...unless one chooses to ignore the lessons. Then the journey does not matter as much for the individual, just the people around that person that take notice.


  2. catladysd Says:

    Somewhere along my journey i realized you can have positive failures. It is something i taught my children too. Because even in failure you have attempted something, and even in failure some things may have succeeded. I've been accused of being Pollyanna but i like my outlook on life, it works for me.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails