Today is the 58th annual observance of the National Day of Prayer. It's held on the first Thursday of May. It's set aside as a day for people of all faiths to pray for our country and it's leadership.

I am a strong believer in the power of prayer. It is the bridge between Heaven and Earth. Most major religions incorporate prayer into their rituals. Prayer can be done privately or with a group. It can be spontaneous or planned. It doesn't even need to be said aloud. It is a time that you share with God, whatever the reason.

Many cities will have Prayer programs today. Florida will have a reading at the state capitol building. Many churches will also have programs. We have a new President and we are also going through a trying time as a Nation. What better time to pray?

Your comments--priceless!
3 Responses
  1. lifeisfantastic embrace it Says:

    National Prayer Day: My prayer for today as it is everyday is "God thank you for waking me up to see another day, for I know that there are those that did not. I give prayers for the sick, the shut-ins and the shut-outs may you do your will to give them strength to overcome their ailments. I pray for President Obama and Vice President Biden and their families and ask that the Lord gives them all there is to run this country. For we are in trouble, and we need your HELP! What better time is there to pray? Everyday is the BEST time to pray. God Bless You


  2. catladysd Says:

    Prayer has gotten me through some really tough times, and has allowed me to express gratitude for all the good in my life. Right now i am dealing with some health issues and prayer keeps me on an even keel.

    I hope everyone has something in their lives that gives them peace, whether it be prayer or something else!


  3. cmiles Says:

    I didnt realize that is was National Prayer day, however, I got to work a little earlier than normal. And as I was standing outside, I took a minute and bowed my head and prayed for many things, which is something I hadn't done in a while, I just felt the need to pray.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails