For more than a week, I have been in turmoil. Someone in my life has betrayed me. Someone did the unthinkable and not only did I not see it coming, I didn't even think he was capable of committing such an offense.

I trusted him. I took him at his word. I knew that he would do right by me. He didn't. Now I find myself going back over the past, trying to figure out if he starting being untrue only recently, or if everything was a lie. I can't figure it out.

I boasted about him. I told others what a good person he was/is, a mensch(a person of integrity and honor). He shattered all of that, in one fell swoop. Now he doesn't talk to me. He thinks I'm angry with him. I'm not. I pity him as I do anyone who, like him, succumbs to the God of Greed.

Things will never be the same. We can't go back. I know this. But how long before I feel better?

Your comments--priceless!
Labels: , , edit post
5 Responses
  1. LUVA Says:

    I can't tell you how long it will be before you feel better. Betrayal is painful, hurtful and disappointing.Trust is lost and caution flags go up. You're a Child of God, pray on it and leave it in His Hands and have peace. Don't miss out on your blessings. Hate what they did, but forgive and carry on. I've been there before and as soon as I let go of that "betrayal" burden, I found peace within myself.


  2. catladysd Says:

    Betrayal by anyone hurts, betrayal by someone you are close to is like an assault. An assault on your intelligence, your feelings, your view of the world and those in it. It cannot be taken lightly. Especially if it erodes the trust you have in others.

    I keep telling myself what i have told many others, you can only control yourself, you can only change yourself, lets hope that the one who has you feeling shattered will find their way and make some changes in their life.


  3. Sinfully Says:

    Some people you have to love from across the street. Pray for them but don't let their ways consume you.


  4. Lifeisfantastic Embrace It Says:

    Turn your turmoil into love - Feed your “enemy” with a long handle spoon.

    And although only you will know if this friendship will ever be the same.

    Forgiveness is a must. Forgive them, Forget them if you must and move on.

    In most cases friendships cannot sustain betrayal, lost of trust and uncertainties. A friendship that this occurs in will never be the same.

    Therefore, with forgiveness you have to decide at what level you want to regain or resolve a relationship with this person.

    Because the bottom line is life is much too short for the “enemy” to take helm of your ship and shatter you

    Give the “enemy” to the Lord in prayer…

    And always remember Love nor Friendships should hurt or require instense counseling to sustain as such.


  5. Foxxy Says:

    First and foremost you have to find it in your heart to forgive them. I know as a true Virgo, trust means the world to us. It will be hard to get back to trusting that person but it can be done. Pray on it, tell God whats in your heart and ask him to lead the way. Following his lead wont steer you wrong. How long will it take? Only God knows!

    And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him and let it drop (leave it, let it go), in order that your Father Who is in heaven may also forgive you your [own] failings and shortcomings and let them drop. Mark 11:25


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails