It's happened again. For the second time in just a few months. A house on my block is in foreclosure. And it's not that someone lost a job or that someone became ill. In both cases, it's because one partner in the marriage got caught cheating and the dissolve of the marriage resulted in the loss of the family home. What is this about? Is it a trend?

I don't think that I know a person that I would put everything on the line for--my home, my family, my way of life, etc. But then, perhaps the guilty parties didn't think that their deeds would ever come to light, so they would never be held accountable. I just dont know....

My husband is not perfect, and I'm even farther away from perfection--but we do have genuine love and respect for each other. And even more, we LIKE each other. Years from now, after the children are long gone, we will still have each other and I look forward to it. We still joke, giggle, and just enjoy each other's company.

This is definitely one that I'm going to need help with. What are your thoughts on it? Would you risk everything? Why?

Your comments--priceless!!



4 Responses
  1. Jinju S. Says:

    Hi...just happened to cme across ur blog... And thought I'd just let u know it's cool...very crisp and well-written. Keep it up!

    As for this post, well, i am not too sure what to say. I mean- what u have said seems to make perfect sense...why would anyone ever want to shatter everything in their life- family, house, marriage- for any one person? But if- just consider this- if ur present life happens to suck just too much, would u really mind throwing it all away in hope of a better tomorrow? Now maybe that explains why some people do the things they do... Just another way of looking at it, I guess...


  2. Jinju S. Says:

    And I have added your blog to my favourite blog list.... Looking forward to more such interesting posts :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    TEMPTATION TEMPTATION TEMPTATION

    Temptation describes the coaxing or inducing a person into committing such an act, by manipulation or otherwise of curiosity, desire or fear of loss. For every temptation comes tests, trails, persecutions and suffering – Therefore, we much ask ourselves when temptation comes along are we willing to stand the tests, trails, persecution and suffering that come with the temptation and is it worth it? Being married to my best friend I would not take the temptation to screw-up what we’ve worked so hard to achieve. However, I believe when temptation can take away all your senses and you don’t think of the consequences that may occur. Then you may be experiencing a breakdown in your relationship and you don’t think of the negative connotations that may occur after an affair, which could cause you to lose all you have worked so hard for. Everyone needs to be able to discipline themselves and their hormones and make good judgment on their actions in life. . If I lost my spouse- my best friend and all that comes with US I don’t think TEMPTATION would be worth it.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    I have very strong feelings about fidelity. For myself, i cannot understand betraying my partner, nothing is worth that. I think if a relationship has deteriorated to the point of allowing affairs, then it is time for some serious counseling and/or time to be honest and move on.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails