This past weekend, I saw the new 3D film, Coraline. The film surrounds a parallel world where children are lured, using the parts of the their life that they aren't happy with. For Coraline, her parents never paid attention to her, so "Other Parents" were created to entice her. What a concept, huh?

On my way home, I started thinking about my own life. While I know that there isn't a parallel world waiting behind my closet door, there are numerous temptations in real life. That's how perfectly reasonable adults get caught up in things they shouldn't, and before they know it--they're in an extramarital affair, or a life of crime, or some other horrible thing.

A big part of it is envy, and I think we all have it, to some extent. I know that I've looked from afar at someone's life and said, "Wow, why am I not a stay at home mom?" or "How come SHE can buy whatever she wants, and seemingly never run low on funds?" If you allow these kinds of thoughts to seep into your mind, you end up feeding and nurturing them, and they grow like weeds. Next thing you know, you've sold your soul to the Devil and you STILL aren't happy.

I'm learning to embrace my life, the way that it is. I may not have everything I want, but I want everything i have. I may not be where I want to be, but I'm grateful that I'm not where I once was. I may not lead a life of great riches, but I am loved and blessed with a great family and wonderful friends.

What about you? Do you have parts of your life that you would willingly trade off? Would you REALLY or is it just talk?

Your comments--priceless!
3 Responses
  1. loryn.hope Says:

    I think at times we all have parts of our lives that we compare with others and wish could be different. But when push comes to shove, our lives and our life experiences make us who we are. I know that life has thrown me many, many curveballs - lots of them extremely hard and very painful - but all in all, the lessons that I've learned from them, and the places that persevering has brought me to make it all worthwhile. I am now at a place where I wouldn't trade any part of my life for anyone else's. I've come too far to trade in my hard work!


  2. Sinfully Says:

    Elders say,"Be careful for what you wish for..." It never fails, when you think the grass is greener on the other side of the fence it's usually filled with crabgrass or worse life-sucking weeds.


  3. LUVA Says:

    The grass isn't greener on the other side it just has a different smelling fertilizer. There's a reason for every season we go through and I thank God for mine. I've learned from them. I may not have liked it, but I wouldn't trade of anything....God has always brought me through to much more greater blessings!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails