Ok, let me first say that I don't drink coffee. I don't like the taste of it. But I do love the way it smells. There's nothing like the aroma of coffee in the morning, flowing through the house. Every once in a while, I will ask for a sip from my husband's mug, hoping that the taste has changed. It never has. I know that the masses enjoy it--hence the popularity of Starbucks and the like. So, when I heard about the $45 cup of coffee being sold at a South Beach hotel, I had to know more about it.

Well, it turns out that the coffee is made from cat poop! Yuck! The coffee is harvested in Indonesia. Native cats eat the coffee beans, they pass through it's digestive track(where they are mixed with digestive juices), and come out the other end--still intact. It's sold by the cup at a handful of restaurants in the United States, but also by the pound in specialty gourmet stores.

Again, I don't drink coffee. But for those of you that do--does this appeal to you? Would you try it? Hmmmm...I'm getting ideas about my next giveaway...

Your comments--priceless!
7 Responses
  1. Reading your little morning Jewel while drinking my coffee turned out to be a terrible idea this morning huh?!!


  2. Dora Says:

    Hi... You sent my sister the Fairytale Brownies. I just wanted to tell you what a blessed woman you are.

    Thank you for your act of kindness. And, I used to live in Southern California and was introduced to Fairytale there. I had totally forgot about them until she was talking about them.

    TeaandThee's sister


  3. Anonymous Says:

    that is not appealing at all. I barely wanna pay $2 so you know $45 bucks is out of the question. I wouldn't try it even if one of my sponsors donated it


  4. LUVA Says:

    Bustelo's in my cup hahaha. I aint drinking nobody's $45 cup of cat peepee. I'm glad I didn't read this while drinking my cafe con leche this morning. hahaha. Please no Starbucks!!!!


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Some things just do not have the right to call themselves coffee!


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Well I haven't tried it... but if you tell me what it is.... I wouldn't... but otherwise I might


  7. Sinfully Says:

    Is that the same kinda coffee mentioned in the movie "The Bucket List"?
    PS. I'm a coffee lover (Gevalia is my favorite), but I draw the line at cat poop!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails