So, I've had the Kindle now for a full day and a half. And I must say, I love it! I finished my first book last night and this morning will decide what book to tackle next. I wasn't sure if it would be comfortable to read on, but it definitely is--it actually seems to disappear and I don't focus on anything but the words.

The main selling point for me was the ability to carry 1500 books with me in a gadget that weighs half a pound. I generally am reading several books at a time, and it's good to have them all with me. I also read the Washington Post daily and to have it downloaded to the Kindle before I get up is very convenient. I also like the read to me function, that's good for driving. The adjustable text size is also cool, it allows me to make every book an "easy reader." The digital dictionary is helpful, allowing me to look up at words right on the screen. And the selection of books available from Amazon is awesome--nearly 250,000 with more being added daily.

I thought the cost of the books would be worrisome, but so far I have 14 books on the new Kindle, at an average cost of 86 cents per book. This is a little misleading because 12 of the books were free and I paid $6.04 for 2 books. There are a ton of free books available and I can also download books from my local library. I was also concerned with battery life, but the battery lasts about 2 weeks. Hmmm..why can't my Blackberry battery last 2 weeks???? I have to admit that I haven't even tried out the web access or email features, as the last thing that I need is ANOTHER email to keep up with.

All in all, this may be the best Valentine's Day gift that I've ever gotten--thanks Hubby!!!

Your comments--priceless!

3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I am so excited for you and definitely am going to get one!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I was just reading an article about e-readers the other day. Congratulations on a really cool gift. I saw the CEO of Amazon last week promoting the current Kindle and the "new" Kindle.
    I definitely want an e-reader. Wirelessly downloading reading content is essential for people on the go......or floks who just want to increase their reading volume.
    Thanks for sharing.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    If you have an I-Phone you will soon be able to download e-reader -That's a plus because I'm gadget'd (for lack of wording) down


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails