We are in the final days of winter--spring is just around the corner. For me, this means that it's time to start making summer vacation plans. When I mentioned it to a neighbor recently, she was concerned with the recent rash of plane crashes. She said that she wouldn't be flying anywhere this year, she was only considering ground transportation. I thought she was kidding. She wasn't.

I believe that my destiny, including dates of birth and death, was predetermined and that there is nothing that I can do to change it. When the date of my death comes, it won't matter whether I'm in a plane, on a bicycle, or comfortably relaxing at home. I have absolutely no qualms about plane crashes, auto accidents, or train wrecks. This certainly doesn't mean that I'm not a careful traveler, but I would not alter my plans because of recent events.

What about you? Are you so concerned with plane crashes that you won't fly this year? Do you feel safer in a car, bus on train? Why? I'm very interested..

Your comments--priceless!!
3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Except for take off and landing i love flying, but i pray my way through those. I fly a lot and yes have thought about what if, but if i allowed all the what ifs in my life to stop me, i don't think i would be able to do much of anything.

    I am a firm believer in really experiencing life and not just letting it happen to you. However, i do understand phobias and fears and can see where for some it would just be too overwhelming.


  2. Just when I started typing my response, the tv showed a plane broken in pieces that crashed in Amsterdam today. So...hmm. I use to fly coast to coast weekly for years. I don't like flying. I fly because it's quicker. I prefer trains because I like the scenery. If my life allowed for slower travel, that's how I'd go. Otherwise, plane it is sadly.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    I believe that when it is your time to go...you will be gone. I love flying because I want to get there. I have not taken a train in years. I hate driving long distances because I get too anxious and I want to get there.If I can stop and smell the roses and do not have a time limit to get there,then driving is ok.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails