So, I saw the doc yesterday. He looked over my last 5 weeks of infusion therapy and the resulting labs and declared that the infusion seems to be working--HOORAY!!!! Then he said "BUT." I hate when there is a "BUT." The "BUT" is that he wants 5 more weeks of twice weekly iv iron. YUCK! YUCK! and YUCK!

However (notice I didn't say BUT), the infusion room is a very humbling place. As I've said before, it's pretty hard to sit there and feel sorry for yourself when I'm getting a bag of iron and everyone else in the room is getting chemotherapy. My mantra for this year is "Find blessings in every circumstance." In this particular circumstance, the blessing is pretty easy to find. So, I'm making progress, though it is a slow process. And if this is as bad as life gets for me, it's actually pretty good.

So, what's new with you all? What blessings have come into your lives? Share with me!


Your comments--priceless!!



I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
5 Responses
  1. Dren Says:

    Hey J! I'm glad to hear it's going well with your treatments. A friend sent a message today reminding me to be thankful for what I have and where I am TODAY -- not for where I want to be/have. It was an EYE OPENER... so I'm on that path. I AM thankful.. I just need to say/behave/reflect it more :)


  2. MOMSWEB Says:

    Thank God for tender mercies!! You've also chosen a wonderful way to look at your circumstances. You'll be blessed for even that! Thank you for sharing this with us; your story definitely strengthens!


  3. I'm glad to hear that the treatments are going well!!!! I'm sorry you have to go through another round though.


  4. sunlovey Says:

    you are SO right. count your blessings. it's all relative. you are wise. and in my thoughts.


  5. blqlvrgrl Says:

    I am glad that you are getting better and will continue to pray for ya jewels


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails