So, yesterday Husband and I decided that we were going to start walking together daily. It sounded like such a good idea. We decided that we would do it every morning at 8am. Again, that sounded so reasonable. Everything always sounds better when it's not time to do it.

So, this morning when I got up, about 5, it no longer sounded like a good idea. In fact, the whole thing sounded rather sucky. And by 7:30, I decided that I would rather stab myself in the eye with a flaming fork than go walking. It was already more than 80 degrees and humid.

But, I had a talk with myself. And myself understood. And we did it. Though, we were a bit late. We got to the track right at 8:30. I put on my ipod and started putting one foot in front of the other. About a half mile in, I started getting assorted aches and pains. I turned the volume up. When I couldn't bear to look up anymore, I just looked at my feet. But I kept going. And when the hour was up, I'd done 3 miles. Husband actually RAN part of the way. Well, bless his heart because that was so not in me.

On the way home, we talked about our commitment to this. We revised it a bit, as we may have been a bit ambitious. We'll walk 4 days a week--Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri. In celebration of our commitment though, we did stop at one of those newfangled smoothie places, where we got to have the yuckiest sounding ingredients blended together. It irritates me that the girls who work there are reed thin.

I need a nap...

Your comments--priceless!!



I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
Labels: , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails