In our house, we sometimes have wacky conversations. This past Sunday night, during one of them, my 12 year old son announced that he doesn't watch movies that are older than him, because they are OLD. We all laughed because MOST good movies ARE older than him, he was born in 1996!

Well, yesterday was a school holiday and he and I spent most of the day watching tv together. And, as usual, I let him choose what we would watch. While he may not watch MOVIES that are older than him, he doesn't seem to mind watching GAME SHOWS that are older than him. We watched Password, Match Game, Family Feud and others. The episodes were hilarious--Gene Rayburn, who passed away in 1999, hosting episodes that featured Richard Dawson, Brett Sommers, Charles Nelson Reilly, and Fannie Flagg. Not only did he watch for hours, he couldn't figure out why they weren't saying obvious answers like microwave, cell phone, and internet. You should have seen his face when I told him that those shows were from the 70's. How funny!

Your comments--priceless!!



I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
Labels: , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Thkchk Says:

    That was priceless. I just watched Match Game yesterday! If you really want to laugh and confuse him at the same time head over to www.tv4u.com and look at those shows. Game shows I never knew existed LOL


  2. Best game show...Press Your Luck!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails