What's your take on Roman Polanski? Sure, he's a great film maker. Sure, his wife was brutally murdered. Sure, some probably think he's a great person. But I'm sorry. I just can't get past the fact that he coerced a CHILD into sex.

I've heard the argument that it was so long ago. So what? The only reason that all this time has elapsed is because he fled the country.

I've also heard that the victim does not want him punished. But again, the victim was a child. Recently, a monster was caught after kidnapping, and holding a child captive for 18 years. He even fathered her children. She was with him longer than she was with her family. She, too, doesn't want him punished. But I don't think the child victim can make that decision.

There is no place in civil society for adults that prey on children. I do, however, believe in the power of PRAYER. I just prefer to pray for him while he's behind bars.

Your comments--priceless!!



I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
Labels: , edit post
1 Response
  1. catladysd Says:

    I can understand the victim not wanting the media circus attached to all this. She has suffered enough. I find it shameful that the media is using her married name and her location making her much more identifiable to people in her life who probably didn't have a clue. I also, feel that the DA is pushing for this more for his own noteriaty than anything else. I do agree with you that his action should not be pooh poohed just because it was so long ago. Maybe if he had stolen a loaf of bread, but to have drugged and raped a child is not something to be brushed under the carpet no matter how long ago. For too long, crimes against women and girls have been dismissed as inconsequential.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails