This morning, I heard that medical science has so advanced that babies born today are expected to have life expectancy of at least 100 years. Wow!

While this is great news, it also came with several downsides. Social Security will go bust--as it can't pay all of the folks expected to collect. Also, few folks will be able to save enough throughout their lives to care for themselves after retirement. That retirement age is expected to be moved up, with most folks working into their 80s.

I guess, just like with everything else, that good news like this is only good until the reality sinks in. On the other hand, I believe that true glory comes in the afterlife. And if that is so, living to 100 just doesn't sound that appealing...

Your comments--priceless!!


I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails