I don't have a lot of girlfriends. I know a lot of women, but very few are "girlfriends." However, when I meet one, I know right off.

A few weeks ago, I emailed someone to secure an invitation to an event that I wanted to cover for Examiner.com. Another person returned the email. She was nice enough, and after a short volley of emails back and forth, I had all the information that I needed.

A few days later, she emailed me again and said that I should meet a friend of hers, a local jewelry designer. She sent me some background on "Marilyn." Marilyn emailed me a few days later and we set up a time to meet. When she suggested the Bistro at Nordstrom in my favorite mall, I knew that she was my kind of girl.

When I walked up to the Bistro, I didn't see her. So I looked around. I'd never even spoken to her on the phone, but as soon as I saw her, I knew it was her and I knew that I liked her. It was instant. Lunch was a blur. We talked and laughed and shared and giggled. It was so natural and so comfortable, as if we've known each other for years. She was funny and smart and chic and down to earth, all at the same time. She bought jewelry for me to see. I told her about Twitter. She invited me to a fundraiser that she's chairing. I told her about a potential client that I wanted to introduce her too. In the week since the lunch, we've texted and emailed each other. And we have another lunch scheduled already for this week!

Why is it that sometimes folks you meet are instantly "friends" and other folks have to "grow on you"? Have you had these kinds of experiences? Aren't they great??

Your comments--priceless!!


I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
6 Responses
  1. I don't know why, but love it when it happens.


  2. MOMSWEB Says:

    It's been a looong time since this has happened to me, but I love it when it does. I believe this happens because our spirits are already connected and this is waaaay beyond our comprehension.

    Have a great week!


  3. Itiel Says:

    I love when that happens. We are spirit and because of the outside realm and appearance, I believe many of us forget that. Just like Momsweb said-waaaay beyond our comprehension.

    Here's to a new friendship!


  4. Dawn Says:

    I love it when this happens, you just KNOW. Another good experience with friends is when you don't even remember how you became friend--- its just like a good habit, you've always had it and always will!


  5. Unknown Says:

    I am so jealous. I wish I lived close enough to have lunch. I am very happy for you.


  6. catlaysd Says:

    I cherish my friendships old and new. Some are deep, intimate friendships and the gamut runs from that to acquaintances. I'm glad for all of them in m life and it is especially nice when a new one comes along!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails