Well, it felt so good to rant last week, that I thought I'd do it again this week. Let's Rant!!!

I've come to the conclusion that mail in rebates are scams. Over the weekend, I bought my daughter a new phone. The sales guy kept pushing the "rebate" angle--"You know this phone has a rebate. You realize that this isn't the real price--you'll get the rebate."

What the heck IS a rebate? Why not give me the REAL price today and save me a stamp, you a stamp, and 6 weeks time?? Are they hoping that I don't send it in and therefore NEVER get the REAL price? Isn't THIS the real price if you expect to get it today in REAL money?

Who invented rebates anyhow?? OFF with their heads!!!

Your comments--priceless!!


I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
2 Responses
  1. You rant correctly!

    Rebate is the cheap cousin of discount and coupon (even for honest companies.) Many folks will never go through the trouble to clip the UPC, fill out the form, and send it in before the expiration date.

    That makes it more of an impulse buy with a greater profit for the company.


  2. dellgirl Says:

    YES, OFF with their heads!!! I never ever bother with them. Never! Guess that's what they're counting on.

    Cool rant.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails