Ok. I confess. I watch Dr Phil. hehehe...Anyhow, this morning Dr Phil played referee between two groups of women--Working Moms vs Stay at Home Moms. I had no idea how controversial this was. There was major attitude and at some points, insults were hurled. I thought it might come to blows.

Both groups thought their way was the best and the other way was the stupidest thing that they had ever heard. Whatever happened to doing what's best for you and your family?

I'm a working mother. My mother was a working mother. I never really gave it a lot of thought when I was growing up. Heck, I LOVED that my mom worked, that meant that I ate!!! I also have friends that had stay at home moms. Those moms were cool too. I don't think either option is an automatic "best." Again, folks should do what's best for them. And if you are on the outside, looking in--STAY IN YOUR LANE!!!

Your comments--priceless!!



I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
6 Responses
  1. catladysd Says:

    Tell me the truth though, don;t you just want to slap Dr. Phil sometimes, when he is sooooo arrogant!

    My feeling is do what is right for you and the heck with what others think. Mostly works in all areas of my life!


  2. MOMSWEB Says:

    Yeah, the Mommy Wars have been going on for a long time. I've been on both sides of the fence, so I can relate to both. Forget the titles - MOTHERS work - continually!


  3. The Mommy wars are real and often more intense in the church. I founded a website http://www.christianworkingmom.com.Over the years I have heard some pretty vicious comments from Stay at Home Moms towards Working Moms. I think we need to support and care for one another. We can all agree that we want what is best for our children. I recently wrote a book entitled "The Voices of Christian Working Moms" that shares data from over 2,000 women who completed an online survey. One day I hope we will not be labeled as stay at home and working.


  4. Oh yeah! This subject always causes a huge war! There was a woman at my work who wasn't coming back after her baby was born and she literally almost came to blows with another woman who was still working. I thought she was going to punch her when she said, "You're not pregnant in the face!"


  5. Woah!

    Being a mommy is hard and if you can afford to stay home and it doesn't bother you that you are home all day with the kid(s)--then so be it.

    My mom was a working mom and I will be too.

    I've thought about being a stay at home mom, but I doubt that will happen.


  6. Karen Vaughn Says:

    I saw this show too. I was floored by the constant bickering. Stay at home mom, work at home mom, working mom...does it really matter as long as you are happy with the role you have chosen. For me, being a MOM is priceless...working or not!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails