It was on this day in 1911 that Mahalia Jackson was born in New Orleans. She is considered the first Queen of Gospel Music.

When I was very young, not even old enough to go to school. Granny took me to see her sing. It was a little church in DC, I have no idea where. I just remember her voice being so powerful that it made me cry. The only other thing I remember is that I thought she was the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen.

Here's a peek at her talent..




Your comments--priceless!!




I post daily. So that you don't miss any of my randomness, you might want to subscribe by email.
Labels: , edit post
3 Responses
  1. MOMSWEB Says:

    A powerful voice she has indeed and veeery beautiful!


  2. catladysd Says:

    She had a wonderful voice and such presence! The music she shared with the world was truly a gift!



Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails