This week is American Chocolate Week. And it just so happens that I saw a bumper sticker the other day that said, "Exercise is a dirty word...Everytime I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate." I cracked up.

I do see their point though--there's always some obstacle between me and exercising. I may not be able to find the time, I may not have the right equipment, I may not have a partner, etc. But--I can ALWAYS find time for a Hershey's with Almonds.

When I was up North, I absolutely loved to go to Hershey, Pennsylvania where the air smells faintly of chocolate and the streetlights are shaped like Hershey's Kisses. I even stayed at the Hotel Hershey once and was treated to one of their famous chocolate spa treatments. Please know that you haven't lived until you've had a Chocolate Sugar Scrub.

But then, when I moved to South Florida, one of my first discoveries was the Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop, down on South Beach. There are only a few around the country. I was in absolute heaven--anywhere with both chocolate AND ice cream is fine in my book. They give you a sample of chocolate when you enter the store and it's only uphill from there. I had the best white chocolate macadamia cookie there...

What about you? Are you a chocolate monster? What's your favorite? Do you have a great chocolate shop near you?

Your comments--priceless!

6 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Chocolate is the answer to everything!!!!!

    In San Francisco is a shopping area called Ghiradelli Square. We always made that one of our stops and had one of their wonderful hot fudge sundaes. Glad to know i can drive to florida and indulge again without traveling all the way to cali.


  2. Unknown Says:

    I so love Chocolate. I try to eat a little everyday. I prefer dark chocolate but most chocolate makes me happy. I am loving my chocolate tea!!


  3. Sinfully Says:

    Before AOL snatched our profiles, my favorite comments on my profile were, "Almost everything tastes better dipped in chocolate" and "Back away from my chocolate and no one will get hurt." I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE chocolate!!!!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Chocolate is the bestest. I think it's good on everything. I especially like the o so warm male flavor. I had go get me some chocolate cupcakes yesterday after reading this. Yummy


  5. cmiles Says:

    oh Chocolate, my favorite food group. Oh a chocolate spa sounds even more delicious. I absolutely love this stuff, there is no substitute.


  6. Anonymous Says:

    Oh man, a chocolate sugar scrub...luscious! I am a chocoholic myself. It's hereditary you know-my mother was also a chocoholic. And it just so happens that here in downtown San Diego, we have a Ghirardelli Chocolate and Ice Cream shop too, and whew! That is THE place to go after a movie downtown. Have you ever had their chocolate raspberry tartlets? Oh my, decadent to be sure! And do you know that dark chocolate actually improves with age if it is stored properly? Like fine wine, imagine that...but the high is more manageable I'm sure, hahahahaha! (Especially judging from some previous blog posts at the Tiny Jewel Box...) I'm a big fan of white chocolate raspberry ice cream...got some at home. Now I'm REALLY ready to go!


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails