A couple times a year, my husband and I will get up early and drive 10 mins to the Atlantic Ocean to see the sunrise. It's a breathtaking sight-the sun rising out of the ocean, creating more colors across the sky than a Crayola box.

We usually sit there and talk about plans for the future. Most of the time, we are silent-just holding hands and each using the time for personal reflection.

It's amazing how insignificant one can feel in the face of the greatness of God. It is then that my faith is reaffirmed--if He can make the sun rise, he surely can deal with my minute issues.

Your comments--priceless!


Labels: , , edit post
2 Responses
  1. Sinfully Says:

    No matter where on earth I travel, I try and capture a photo of the sunrise. The most spectacular sunrise I've witnessed thus far was in Maui atop Haleakala. You arrive at the summit of the moutain before any evidence of daybreak and wait for God's amazing display of greatness. As the sun makes its debut over the horizon of clouds a Hawaiian Holyman prays. He ends the prayer stating, "You will never be the same after witnessing this event." No truer words have ever been spoken.


  2. LUVA Says:

    Amen Jewel!!!! I often go to the water too (on the Gulf) to watch the sunrise and sunset. It's an every present reminder of God's grace, mercy,never ending love for us. The beauty of His Holiness, His creation is an awesome wonder!!! And to think I thought I was the only one who liked to do that.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails