I joined Facebook late last year and since then, I've connected with many, many old friends from the past. If not for Facebook, I'm not sure how I would have ever found these friends again. Back when I was in high school, there wasn't a computer in every home and the Internet wasn't a research tool. If someone moved or went away to college, or changed their phone number (there were no cells), you simply lost contact with them. And if not for a chance meeting again, like in Starbucks or on the subway, you may not have ever reached them again. So, I am grateful for Facebook for being a means of reconnection.

Some of the connections were huge parts of my life. It's been so exciting to catch up with them, find out where their paths have lead them, see photographs or their families, and share old stories. My experiences have not been superficial--like folks bragging on where they work or the nice home that they've acquired, but totally the opposite--sincere interest on what we've accomplished and how much we've grown.

In most cases, the friendship has picked up exactly where it left off. We haven't skipped a beat. The only difference is that now we need more time to catch up, since so much time has passed. I hope I never lose these connections again. Thanks Facebook!

Your comments--priceless!

Labels: , , edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails