I overheard a group of women lamenting about how hard it seems to be to find a mate. They didn't have trouble meeting men, but the relationships never progressed. They were looking for romance and feared it was dead.


I disagree. I don't think romance is dead. It may be comatose, but certainly not dead. I just think that in this day and time, folks want everything too fast. We seem to go from first meeting to cohabitating in one fell swoop. Whatever happened to what my granny used to call "courting?"


Let's slow it down. Let's get to know each other. And most importantly, let's not assume that every relationship should end in love and marriage. Just because he isn't what you are looking for in husband, doesn't mean that he should be disgarded as a friend. I've always believed that people come into your life for many reasons. He/She may have come into your life, not as a potential mate, but to introduce you to his/her sibling, who IS a potential mate. He may be your new BFF, and not a romantic interest at all. Or he/she may have come into your life as a catalyst to learn a life lesson. Keep your mind open to all possibilities and let it flow nicely.


Your comments--priceless!



3 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I totally agree people go from first meeting to cohabitating in one fell swoop. Romance is not dead if you fall in love with yourself before hunting for romance in others. I am tried of people complaining about love, romance, relationships. I personally believe if you have never been in love, had romance or been in a relaitonship that was GOOD and stable do not give advice on the topics - Because romance is ALIVE and doing WELL. I can vouch for that!!!!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Romance, Romance, Romance....
    Being of a Romantic Nature, I find it quite interesting that it is so elusive for the persons who claim to seek it the most. I cannot speak from the cohabitation experience (I've never cohabitated), however, I can say that oftentimes, the very people who verbalize their desire for romance, seem to shun it, reject it, or flat out "stab it in the heart" when it shows up. I think there is a certain segment of persons who really have not been treated well in their relationship experiences, and when an individual shows up who treats them well and lavishes all their attention upon them, their "baggage" will not allow the good treatment or romance into their lives. Bottom line....this is extremely frustrating for the person who is providing the romantic environment........and hence, the romance ceases. I agree with Lifeisfantaztic...you have to fall in love with yourself first. I think it is important to understand that loving yourself is not defined by how many "things" you own or can buy (clothing, shoes, trinkets, or whatever "newfangled contrivance" might be in fashion during any particualr week). It must come from within you. Otherwise, others attempts to love you or romance you will ultimately fail and you will find yourself on a neverending & elusive journey filled with disappointment.


  3. Anonymous Says:

    Spoken like the wise woman you are. I'm enjoying getting to know more about YOU through these blogs.

    You're quite an amazing woman, Jewel.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails