Have you ever heard the old saying--"When one door closes, another door opens?" Loosely interpreted, it means that some opportunities are not meant for you, and when you pass on them, another opportunity is then placed in your path. My questions are these--When the one door closes, does it automatically lock? If it does indeed lock, will the same key that opened it before, open it again?

Most people have the problem of not wanting the door to that first opportunity to close and doing whatever they can to keep it propped open. I have a different problem. Once Door #1 opens for me, rather than examining that opportunity, I'm always looking for additional options, hoping that Doors #2, 3, 4, and 28 will open. Sooner or later, Door #1 closes. Only then do I realize that it was the opportunity that I should have pursued.

They say that you will never find resolution for a problem unless you first recognize that there IS a problem. Here's to recognition!

Your comments--priceless!
Labels: , edit post
3 Responses
  1. LUVA Says:

    I couldn't have said it better Jewel!!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Beautiful simple beautiful.

    I also learned during what I thought was a difficult period in my life that we often stare so much at the door that is closing that we fail to see all the other doors that God is opening.


  3. Sinfully Says:

    Sometimes that open door has a screen door in front of it. It's giving you a peek at what's inside so that you better arm/prepare yourself for that opportunity when it's your time to have it. The tricky part is to NOT see that screen door as a hinderance, but as a advantage.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails