Is it just me or has pricing on groceries increased to the point where it's becoming unreasonable to eat? Fresh produce, meats, and laundry supplies are especially expensive.

Though I try to do it, clipping coupons regularly is just not something that I find time for. I do try to stock up on staples when on sale, and compare prices per unit rather than per package. But, the best cost cutting initiative for my family seems to be shopping alone. If I bring the kids or even the husband with me, I spend more and end up with more items than I have on my list, busting my budget.

I have simply got to get a handle on this. Please help me. What kinds of cost cutting grocery tips do you have that won't cost me an hour a week? How are you saving money?

Your comments--priceless!

2 Responses
  1. TwoFishFive Says:

    I feel you. What has helped me is having a list and not being hungry when I go. I need to get better with the coupon thing.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    I still bulk shop for some items at sam's club like tp and paper towels, cat food, litter, those kinds of things.

    I also try to plan a menu loosely for a couple of weeks, based on sale items.

    I loved living in san diego and ordering my food online and having it delivered, i saved so much in impulse buying, unfortunately we don't have that here.

    I also miss the cheap produce in so cali, year round. it is never cheap here and never as good a selection or quality.


Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails